It is the medical field that deals with the surgical treatment of diseases related to the brain, nerves and spinal cord.
Contrary to popular belief, the probability of death or damage after brain surgery is almost the same as other surgeries. Technological advancements in recent years have increased the pre-operative diagnosis options. All surgeries are performed under a microscope using microsurgical techniques.
- Spine and spinal cord diseases (herniated discs, fractures, slips, tumors and inflammatory diseases)
- Traumas (nerve system injuries caused by accidents such as traffic accidents and falls)
- Tumors (both benign and malignant tumors, pituitary gland diseases)
- Vascular diseases of the brain and spinal cord (aneurysms, brain hemorrhages, artery occlusions)
- Hydrocephalus treatment (excessive accumulation of cerebrospinal fluid in the brain)
- Congenital spine and spinal cord problems (treatment of diseases such as meningomyelocele and separated spinal cord)
- Pain and numbness originating from the spine and peripheral nerves (back pain and numbness, pain and numbness spreading from the lower back to the hip and leg, pain and numbness spreading from the neck to the shoulder and arms, pain, burning, and numbness spreading to the palms)
- Nerve entrapments (Carpal Tunnel Syndrome - compression of the wrist nerve, Ulnar Nerve Entrapment - compression of the nerve at the elbow)
- Pain pump applications (failed back surgery, phantom pain and chronic pain)
- Spasticity Surgery (Baclofen pump implantation)
- Pain injections (Epidural injections for non-surgical herniated discs, spinal stenosis and spondylosis, Facet injections for facet syndromes, Foraminal injections for nerve root compression)