The Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) department, also known as Otolaryngology, is a medical specialty that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of diseases related to the ears, nose, sinuses, mouth, throat, larynx and neck.
Our center's ENT department provides services to both adults and children.
Diseases Treated by the Ear, Nose and Throat
- Diseases of the outer ear, ear canal, eardrum, and middle ear
- Diseases of the nose and sinuses (deformities, deviated septum, hypertrophy of the turbinates, sinusitis, and nasal polyps)
- Diseases of the mouth, tonsils, throat, and larynx
- Salivary glands
- Head and neck diseases
ENT diseases are one of the most common reasons for hospital visits worldwide.
Diagnostic Methods for Ear, Nose and Throat Diseases
- Balance maneuvers
- Endoscopic examination of sinuses, nose, throat, and vocal cords
- Videonystagmography (VNG)
- Audiometry (hearing tests)
Treatment Methods for Ear, Nose and Throat Diseases
- Rhinoplasty, septoplasty, and turbinate reduction surgery
- Radiofrequency treatment for snoring and nasal polyps
- Endoscopic sinus surgery (FESS)
- Tonsillectomy, adenoidectomy, and ventilation tube insertion
- Middle ear and eardrum surgery
- Surgery for head and neck tumors
- Medical and surgical treatment for salivary gland diseases
Common Ear, Nose and Throat Complaints
The ear, which is one of our five sensory organs, not only helps us hear but also helps us maintain our balance. Any discomfort in the ear can affect these functions. The most common symptoms of ear diseases are ear pain, discharge, blockage, tinnitus, and dizziness.
- Dizziness (vertigo)
- Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV)
- Vestibular neuritis
- Vestibular migraine
- Perilymphatic fistula
- Meniere's disease
- Ear pain
- Sore throat
- Runny nose