The human body has an inseparable and integrated structure with interdependent organs and systems. Therefore, internal medicine is the medical specialty with the widest scope among medical units.
The Internal Medicine Department examines the internal organ systems of individuals who have passed childhood. It provides diagnostic and treatment services for functional disorders of organs in this system. In addition, it raises awareness and guides every individual it provides health services to regarding the measures to be taken to protect themselves from diseases.
Upper and lower respiratory tract diseases, hypertension, gastrointestinal diseases, kidney diseases, cardiovascular diseases, thyroid diseases, diabetes, and rheumatic diseases are among the many systemic diseases that are part of this wide range.
The diseases looked after by internal medicine physicians can be listed as follows:
- Upper and lower respiratory tract diseases
- Infectious diseases
- Thyroid diseases
- Elevated levels of blood lipids such as cholesterol and triglycerides
- Digestive system diseases such as liver, stomach, and gallbladder diseases
- Lung diseases
- Kidney diseases
- Anemia and other blood disorders
- Rheumatic diseases
- Musculoskeletal system diseases.